TTC racing in cooperation with Arctic Valley Ski Area is proud to present the 2020 Arctic Valley Mountain Race-Virtual Edition.
The 5.2 mile, 3100 foot course will traverse the entire ski area with a finishing climb some have described as soul crushing. With an impressive awards line up including a season ski pass for both the men’s and women’s top finishers, be sure to come out and test your grit while supporting your local ski area.
|Place||First Name||Last Name||Run Time|
Teens (Full course)
Kids (T-bar course)
- Course open July 1-31. Results must be submitted before August 1.
- You may complete the course as many times as you’d like
- Strava is the preferred method of tracking. There is a Strava segment ‘Arctic Valley virtual race 2020’
- Alternatively, you may submit a running app summary screenshot. It must include a GPS track of the course, overall time, and date
- Current race leaders and results will be updated every few days on this page
- Final results will be announced in early August
Top 3 men and women will receive awards as follows
- 1st place: 2020-21 Season pass to Arctic Valley
- 2nd place: 2020-21 10 day punch pass
- 3rd place: 2020-21 3 day punch pass
We will also randomly draw 5 non-winners for one day ski tickets!
Additionally there will be a youth race that starts at the same location as the adult race and climbs the t-bar trail only (0.5 mile 1000 ft elevation gain).
- Parents or kids must have a current membership
- Submit running app summary screenshot. It must include a GPS track of the course, overall time, and date
- Two divisions: 13 and under, and 14-17
Top 3 girls and boys in the 13 and under and 14-17 categories as follows
- 1st place: 4 days Tube park or ski pass
- 2nd place: 2 days Tube park or ski pass
- 3rd place: 1 days Tube park or ski pass
We will also randomly draw 5 non-winners for one session tubing tickets!
- See photo gallery below with step by step maps
- The race starts at the red pillars in the main lodge parking lot.
- Run through the pillars and then up valley along the trail following the orange flagging.
- At approx 0.3 miles bear left and cross the bridge, then bear right and continue up valley until you reach the saddle.
- Turn left and continue to the summit of Mt. Gordon Lyon, making sure you reach the uppermost flagging. Return back to the saddle on the same trail as the ascent.
- Continue straight from the saddle as you start climbing up Rendezvous Peak. Stay on the trail following the flagging and note ski boundary signs on your left.
- Follow the flags around the backside of Rendezvous Peak and then climb up to and past the weather station.
- Descend from the weather station along the trail above Chair 2, then passing above the T-bar and then behind Chair 1’s upper lift shack.
- Continue down from Chair 1 along the cat track roughly 0.4 miles before turning right at the well marked trail. This will take you back to the main parking lot starting area.
- Again pass through the 2 red pillars and start the final ascent up the t-bar trail. Climb to the top of the T-bar, passing the lift shack to the last lift tower with the bullwheel to complete the course.
- Click here to load the course in your Strava app.
View the live stream on our Facebook page on Thursday, August 6 at 6pm to see the winners.