Updated Friday, March 20, 2020
Arctic Valley will be suspending operations after Sunday, March 22nd. If the current situation improves, we hope to be able to re-open in mid-April for some spring skiing. The snowpack this year is great, and we hope it outlasts this virus!
Our main goal in staying open this week has been to keep our employees employed, and to give folks an opportunity to get outside and enjoy skiing and tubing. We’d like to thank everyone that came out and bought tickets! We will continue to pay our employees through the weekend of April 4th, which was our earliest potential shut down date.
That being said, in response to local and CDC guidance, Arctic Valley Ski Area is taking the following measures to respond to public health concerns:
- Update Saturday 3/21/20 1:15pm: We are sold out of lift tickets for this weekend.
- Saturdays and Sundays, lift tickets are limited to 175 tickets per day plus season passes. We recommend buying tickets online in advance – online sales cut off at 8am day of. Tickets not sold online will be available at the lodge on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We encourage guests to only ride double on chairlifts with people in their party.
- Arctic Valley Lodge is closed, except for the restrooms and a maximum of 5 guests at a time checking in for tubing, purchasing lift tickets, or purchasing to-go food or drink items.
- All food and beverage service is to-go only – no dining is allowed in the lodge. We will have non-alcoholic drinks, pre-packaged snack foods, and a couple sandwich options available each day.
- The bar is closed
- All live music events are cancelled
- Merry Marmot Festival (March 28) is cancelled
- The Ski-Mo race on March 22 is cancelled
- Tube park reservations may be converted into an e-gift certificate (with no expiration date) at any time BEFORE the tubing session begins. Please contact our lodge staff at email@example.com with your order number and name on the reservation to arrange. Please note that it may take a few days to receive the gift certificate via email.
- All tube park reservations after March 22nd will be refunded.
- Advance lift ticket purchases through our web store may be refunded. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am the day of the reservation to arrange.
Additionally, we have stepped up sanitation procedures in the lodge. All hard surfaces are cleaned multiple times daily, and our staff has been instructed to stay home if sick.