Several times each summer we host scenic chairlift rides on Chair 2 to allow easier access to the high alpine trails for hikers and berry pickers. We hope you’ll join us for a different perspective on the Chugach Mountains! All dates are subject to weather cancellation – it’s no fun if it’s raining!
The lift has safety bars for guests’ comfort, and we can slow the lift if needed for offloading. Due to the steep, primitive construction of the available trails, this activity is not suggested for guests who have mobility issues.
The lift operates from 11am-4pm.
- Sunday, July 2 *1pm-5pm*
- Sunday, July 23
- Sunday, August 6
- Saturday, August 19
- Sunday, September 10
- Saturday, September 16 Cancelled due to weather
- No dogs allowed on the lift
- Kids under 3 must be restrained in a wrap or pack (so they don’t squirm out of the seat)
- Only two people allowed per chair (unless one is a child in a wrap or pack)
- Tickets are non-refundable unless the lift doesn’t operate
Purchase tickets online (available a few days prior to each scheduled chairlift day) or at the Rendezvous Cafe in the main parking lot. Last ride is at 4:00pm. One-way tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for kids, and round trip tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for kids. Season passholders are free (just show your season pass), and regular members get $5 off when purchasing at the Rendezvous Cafe with their membership card.
Suggested hiking routes
There are lots of great opportunities to explore Arctic Valley from the top of Chair 2 depending on how much you want to hike, and your comfort level. Here’s a few suggestions:
- Hike Rendezvous Ridge to Hunter Pass, then drop onto the new Marston-Hunter Pass Trail to head back to the ski area. This is about 5.7 miles, and includes some truly spectacular views of Ship Creek Valley!
- Rendezvous Peak/Mt Gordon Lyon and the Saddle Trail: Visit both of the popular peaks just across the small valley from each other, then enjoy a leisurely walk down the saddle trail back to the parking lots. Easiest route (especially if you skip one or both of the peaks). Approximately 2.75 miles (including both peaks).
- Ridge Walk to the Ship Creek Overlook: Walk along the ridge past the tops of each of our chairlifts as you make your way down, taking in the views up Ship Creek Valley. Stop at the Ship Creek Overlook benches and return on the Marston Trail. Medium difficulty – some steep sections. Approximately 2 miles.
- Hike back on Rendezvous Ridge to Hunter Pass above South Fork of Eagle River Valley. This is just a route, not much of an actual trail, about 2 miles each way on the ridge, for a total of about 5.75 miles back to the parking lots.