Several times each summer we host scenic chairlift rides on Chair 2 to allow easier access to the high alpine trails for hikers and berry pickers. We hope you’ll join us for a different perspective on the Chugach Mountains! All dates are subject to weather cancellation – it’s no fun if it’s raining!
The lift has safety bars for guests’ comfort, and we can slow the lift if needed for offloading. Due to the steep, primitive construction of the available trails, this activity is not suggested for guests who have mobility issues.
The lift operates from 11am-4pm.
- Sunday, July 2
- Sunday, July 31
- Sunday, September 4
- No dogs allowed on the lift
- Kids under 3 must be restrained in a wrap or pack (so they don’t squirm out of the seat)
- No rides down
- Tickets are non-refundable unless the lift doesn’t operate
Purchase tickets online (available a few days prior to each scheduled chairlift day) or at the Rendezvous Cafe from 10-3:45pm. Last ride is at 4:00pm. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for kids. Season passholders are free (just show your season pass), and regular members get $5 off with their membership card.
Note: Some email providers have been filtering out our confirmation emails. If you don’t receive a confirmation, you can sign into our website to view your purchases, or we can look them up in the Rendezvous Cafe when you arrive.
Suggested hiking routes
There are lots of great opportunities to explore Arctic Valley from the top of Chair 2 depending on how much you want to hike, and your comfort level. Here’s a few suggestions:
- Rendezvous Peak/Mt Gordon Lyon and the Saddle Trail: Visit both of the popular peaks just across the small valley from each other, then enjoy a leisurely walk down the saddle trail back to the parking lots. Easiest route (especially if you skip one or both of the peaks). Approximately 2.75 miles (including both peaks).
- Ridge Walk to the Ship Creek Overlook: Walk along the ridge past the tops of each of our chairlifts as you make your way down, taking in the views up Ship Creek Valley. Stop at the Ship Creek Overlook benches and return on the Marston Trail. Medium difficulty – some steep sections. Approximately 2 miles.
- Hike back on Rendezvous Ridge to Hunter Pass above South Fork of Eagle River Valley. This is just a route, not much of an actual trail, about 2 miles each way on the ridge, for a total of about 5.75 miles back to the parking lots.