Winter hasn’t been as kind to us this year as it was last season. Though we’ve had some snowfall, it’s come with lots of north winds that have stripped the ridgelines at Arctic Valley, as you can see in the photo. Because of this, we’re delaying opening until we get enough snow to safely operate.
We’re disappointed, and are sure you all are as well, but we need to have enough snow on the ridges to safely exit the top of the lifts. There’s a little bit of snow in the forecast this week, and we’re hoping for a pattern change that will bring more consistent snow to Arctic Valley, and some south winds to help pack it in.
In the meantime, we’ve just opened our tubing park, and it’s running great! Those of you with season passes, remember that tubing is included, so jump over to our tubing page and make reservations. Regular and Life members receive discounts for tubing as well.
We’ll keep everyone updated as we get more snow, but please help us by doing your snow dances, making sacrifices to Ullr, whatever you think will help!
One thought on “Opening Day Postponed”
Comments are closed.